As outlined below, a specific department or unit within a school can be added to the Primary, Vertical and Short Form lock-ups. This flexible system uses both the Primary UVA logo and the Monogram, helping you address a wide range of needs.
(1) The Rotunda mark signifies UVA's timelessness
(2) The vertical separator creates a traditional feel
(3) Adobe Caslon Pro Semibold title case creates a cohesive relationship with our primary logo
(4) Adobe Caslon Pro Regular title case creates a cohesive relationship with our school lock-ups
Additional information regarding the use of the Primary, Vertical, and Short Form lock-ups is available within these guidelines.
As shown in the Engineering examples below, there are one-line and two-line options available. To create your own department or unit lock-ups, follow our step-by-step instructions to use our downloadable ".eps" templates.
NOTE: These .eps templates are commonly used by graphic designers and others with training in design software. If you need assistance using them, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. You will need Adobe Illustrator to use these templates.
2. If you do not have the Adobe Caslon Pro font family installed on your computer, contact email@example.com to request a license.
3. Click the downloadable ".eps" templates link.
4. Double click on your school's folder to open it.
5. Download either the one-line or two-line .eps template.
6. Open the .eps template in Adobe Illustrator.
7. Locate the lock-up you wish to use within the template.
8. Select the editable placeholder text and replace with your department or unit name.
9. Save your revised lock-up as a new file or place it directly into your design layout.
One-line Department or Unit Name
This option should be used to create a lock-up when the department or unit name is 37 characters or less, including spaces.
Two-Line Department or Unit Name
This option should be used to create a lock-up when the department or unit name is more than 37 characters, including spaces.