- Logo Toolkit
- Brand Art Toolkit
- Presentation Assets
- Banners and Pageantry
- Fleet Marks
- Student Organizations
- Social Media Guide
- Web Design
- Video Production
- Glossary and Tutorials
These camera setting guidelines can be used as a starting point to achieve similar effects to recent UVA work:
- Frame Rate: 23.976
- Resolution: 1920px X 1080px
- Bit Rate: 50 Mbps (if possible)
- ISO—the lower the number, the less grain
- Add ND filters if filming outside
- Shutter speed should be at least 1/(2x the frames per second). For example, if shooting at 24 frames per second, the camera should have at minimum a shutter speed of 1/48 sec.
NOTE: For recommendations on equipment purchases, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Editing, Audio & Effects
Reduce the clutter and confusion on your timeline or sequence within your editing software. If you don’t naturally edit this way, clean up your edit at the end of your project to allow for easier altering at a future date.
These guidelines can be used as a starting point for audio techniques:
- Dialogue should be mixed to -6db to -12db
- Music mixed to -18db
- Overall mix to -3db without peaking
- Pan stereo music track to L channel and R channel
- Clean transitional soundbites (add a 2 frame cross-dissolve between interview soundbites for a smoother transition)
Using sound effects can help enhance your storytelling. Picture yourself in the setting your video is in and add sound effects that could be heard in that environment.
Free sound effects can be downloaded at freesound.org.