The Footer is a common element across all University websites. Details about the Footer are listed below.
- The Footer is displayed across the bottom of every web page.
- The background color of the Footer is always Jefferson Blue (#232D4B).
- The centered logo in the one-color reverse format is used in the Footer, and should link to the University homepage.
- The following notice of copyright should appear at the bottom of the Footer on every webpage: © 2017 By the Rector and Visitors of the University of Virginia. The notice of copyright is set in Franklin Gothic Medium, sized to 14 px and presented in a light blue (#9FBAD9). It is horizontally aligned, centered at the bottom of the Footer.
- If desired, Social Media icons can be placed on the right side of the Footer and displayed in White (#FFFFFF). Additional information regarding social media iconography can be found in these guidelines.
- The Footer retains an overall height of 185 px with an additional 50 px of padding on the top, and 20 px of padding on the bottom for a total of 255 px.
- The Footer is divided into four columns. All of the content within these columns is vertically aligned at the top of the Footer area.
- The Logo is sized to 180 px wide and is horizontally centered in the bottom left column of the Footer.
- Content in the remaining three columns of the Footer is horizontally aligned left.
- Social Media icons are sized to 20 px high and are stacked in a single column on the right side of the Footer.
Tablet and Mobile Displays
- For tablet display, the Footer has 20 px of padding on the top, 50 px of padding on the bottom and 15 px of padding on the left and right sides.
- For mobile displays, the Footer has 30 px of padding on all sides.
- The logo is sized to 140 px wide.
- For tablet display, Social Media Icons are sized to 20 px high.
- For mobile display, Social Media Icons are sized to 24 px high.
- In tablet displays, the Footer is divided into three columns. The logo is horizontally centered in the bottom left of the first column, and all other content within the columns is vertically aligned at the top of the Footer area.
- In mobile displays, the Footer is reduced to a single column. The logo is horizontally centered with the contact information stacked and centered beneath it. Social media icons, if present, are displayed in a single row without their respective names.
Reminder: ITS Custom Applications & Consulting Services (CACS) can help you develop websites that meet brand guidelines. Visit http://cacs.virginia.edu to learn more, or go to the UVA procurement site for a full list of contracted vendors.